English IV Writing Assignment
- Follow the writing process (prewriting, writing, revising, editing, and publishing).
- Write a two page narrative essay (introduction, body and conclusion).
- Think back over your past school years.
- Select the one was the most memorable.
- Brainstorm, freewrite, or cluster your ideas about that most memorable year.
- Group ideas that go together.
- Make an outline.
- Write an interesting introduction with a thesis statement which will introduce your essay.
- Write a body which supports your thesis statement.
- Write a conclusion which summarizes your essay.
- Look over your essay.Try it to make it better.
- Make sure you have a strong introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Make sure you main idea is stated clearly.
- Make sure you supported your main idea with enough details.
- Make sure your sentences are varied and smoothly connected.
- Get your red ink pen and correct mistakes in grammar and usage.
- Make sure subjects and verbs agree.
- Correct spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
- Use commas according to the rules.
- Indent paragraphs as needed (when you change ideas).
- Use loose leaf paper and blue or black ink.
- Put name, course title, and date in upper right-hand corner of first page.
- Write title on first line.
- Skip lines.
- Write on front only and not on the last line.
- Leave one inch margin on the right.
- Hand in on time.
- Be prepared to read your essay to the class.